Our company's call sign is StarLite. What is the relevance? Just as the Starlight Scope during Doug's USMC Vietnam tour gave amazing night vision in nearly total darkness, we can enable you to "see in the dark" and become an effective and successful manager of your business in the face of many challenges. We can help you see through the darkness brought on by limited resources and operating a business in an environment of constant change.
I am a Marine. A country boy born in the colonial capital of America, Williamsburg, Virginia. I voluntarily answered the call-to-arms in 1966. I am a United States Marine Vietnam Veteran. I earned my coveted Cross Rifles with a wooden-stocked M-14 at Parris Island, SC. I served my WesPac tour of duty in Vietnam with Echo, 2nd Battalion 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division from November 1967 to December 1968. I was a "soldier of the sea" for a time while aboard the USS Tripoli LPH-10 as a Special Landing Force. Upon my honorable discharge as a Sergeant from 2nd Marine Division MP Company, Camp LeJeune, NC, I used the benefits of the G.I. Bill to earn a Bachelor's degree from Elon University and a Master's Degree from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro.
As a citizen Doug has been privileged to associate with the Corps and Veterans of all branches of the U.S. Military, including these affiliations:
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, Camp LeJeune and Cherry Point, Board of Directors. Supported the Annual Golf Tournament to raise thousands of dollars for children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen who are deceased or disabled.
- Marine Corps Association (MCA), Quantico, Virginia, Board of Governors. Served two terms (seven years) on this board which allowed me to interact with active-duty, retired, and other Marine Corps veterans. Contributed to several major projects during my stint on this prestigious national board. (The MCA publishes the Leatherneck Magazine Of The Marines and Marine Corps Gazette; Professional Journal of U.S. Marines.)
- Marine Corps League, Wilson, North Carolina, Charter Commandant. Elected to three terms, and organized multiple occasions for hosting and providing comfort to overseas troops and young wounded U.S. Army soldiers from regional rehab centers.
- Elks Lodge, No. 840, Wilson, North Carolina. Chairman of Americanism Committee and 2010 Elk of the Year.
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA). Member.
- Vietnam Veterans of America. Member.
Doug's professional business experience includes:
- Burlington Industries, Personnel Manager. Training, Employment Relations, Union Avoidance, Compensation, Health and Safety, Country Club Management, Export, Research and Development, Retail Sales, EEOC, and Aviation.
- Hackney Industries, Inc., Corporate Director of Human Resources. Benefits Administration, Executive Compensation, Succession Planning, Management Recruiting, Aviation, Union Avoidance, Manufacturing, Executive Training, Health and Wellness Programs, Policy and Procedure, Employee Handbooks, and EEOC
- Manufactured Homes, Inc., VP of Human Resources. Executive Compensation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Executive Recruitment, Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbooks, Benefits, Succession Planning, Management Recruiting, Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Exit Planning, Top Hat Plans (SERPs), and Executive Training and Development.
- Thomas Howell Group, America (Swiss Re), Corporate Director of Human Resources. HR Responsibilities for twenty-six state and international operations, Mergers and Acquisition, Executive Recruitment, Corporate Relocation, Executive Training and Development, Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Succession Planning, Executive Compensation, Top Hat Executive Plans (SERPs) and Benefits Programs.
- Crow's Nest Trading Co. Co-Founder. Operated this national mail order catalog and online retail company for twenty years.
Code Of Ethics
To advise clients with the upmost diligence and care, as if their business is my own. To advise clients in management and employee matters in accordance with laws and regulations as well as moral, social and ethical standards. To effectively guide clients through the myriad "people" challenges they face with candor, clarity and confidentiality. To be a catalyst for change that results in greater job satisfaction for employees and greater profit and potential for client companies.
Together We Can Do It
As a veteran, I know the value of accurate intelligence and good reconnaissance. I am well-schooled and seasoned when it comes to the complexities of the business world. My passion for my work, coupled with my multifaceted business experience over the years makes me uniquely qualified to help you prosper in your business.
One of my favorite novelists, Ernest Hemingway said, "You should write about what you know." This is sage wisdom that I have taken to heart; I know the challenges of operating a business, and I know my fellow veterans. And as an advisor, I will bring invaluable expertise to your team. God, country, duty is our mantra. Together we can do it!
Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Disclaimer: StarLite Advisory Group, LLC does not provide legal, financial or tax advice.
StarLite Advisory Group, LLC • 4233 Rocky Rhodes Dr • College Station, TX 77845 • Admin@StarLiteAdvisoryGroup.com